» Call for Proposals | Guidelines | Review Process | Presenter Schedule | Oral Presenters | Poster Presenters | Virtual Presenters | Panel Organizer | Proceedings | Full Papers | ISSN | FAQ | Deadlines | Disclaimer | Contact
The three-day, international, peer-reviewed conference will provide an interdisciplinary platform for educators, academics, researchers, administrators, activists, students and professionals. With the theme of Educating for the Future, the conference will promote a critical understanding of the innovative and organic approaches from education toward sustainability.
Full papers are welcome, but not required. Registered participants with an accepted abstract and/or refereed full paper will be published in the Proceedings (ISSN 2188-6997). Oral, poster and virtual presenters shall be included in the Proceedings.
Abstracts must be submitted through our online system. The conference will focus on the following topic areas:
Special ACES Topics:
- Abstracts must be a maximum of 250 words and must be submitted through the online system.
- We welcome abstracts that offer new ideas and conceptualizations, research and understandings to the field, as well as analysis of both success and failure.
- The preferred type of presentation (oral, poster or virtual) should be made clear with the abstract submission. The Review Committee may change the presentation mode at its discretion.
- Payment of the registration fee is required for inclusion in the schedule and proceedings.
- Co-authors also wishing to attend and present must register separately in order to attend sessions and receive a Certificate of Presentation.
- Submission of an abstract carries with it the obligation to give a presentation in the designated manner assigned by the Review Committee. Permission to publish the abstract of the paper in the conference program is implied.
- An individual cannot present another person’s paper, if their name is not listed as an author on the abstract.
- Submissions derived from plagiarized or copyrighted research will automatically be rejected.
- If the submitted research paper or results have been previously published in another journal, it will not be accepted.
All submissions undergo a double-blind review process. The name of the reviewers and the comments or grades by the reviewers cannot and will not be disclosed.
Please note the following regarding the review process:
- Normally, you will receive a decision within one week of when you submitted.
- Submissions that are poorly written will be returned for revision.
- Submissions that are plagiarized will be deleted from the database.
- Submissions that do not meet the criteria or theme of the conference will not be accepted.
If you would like to become a reviewer for the submission process, please contact the Secretariat.
Only presenters that have completed the registration process will be included in the Presenter Schedule. Due to the limited number of time slots in the schedule, we encourage everyone to register early. We regret that anyone intending to register late or onsite might not be given a time slot.
The Presenter Schedule is normally announced shortly after the deadline for all presenters to register.
- Oral presenters will be allotted 30 minutes to present depending on the format and including time for comments and questions.
- If two or more co-authors will present together, the allotted time is still 30 minutes total.
- Seating arrangement for oral presentations will be theater style with a table at the front.
- Computers, projectors and screens will be provided in each presentation room.
- Please prepare an extra copy of your presentation on a USB Drive.
- The committee will select two ‘session time moderators’ from each panel. The time moderators are only responsible to alert other panelists when 5 minutes remains for their presentation. The moderators do not introduce speakers or moderate the Q&A.
- Poster boards mounted on stands will be provided with tape.
- Posters must be set up 15 minutes before the start of the session and taken down after the session ends.
- Poster materials should include the title of the presentation and the list of authors. Bring all illustrations needed — figures, tables, color photographs, charts.
- Posters must be size A0 (A Zero). Common dimensions for posters are A0 47 x 33 inches (118cm x 84cm).
- Poster material should be well labeled and easy to read from a distance of one meter. Lettering should be bold. If you will be posting typed material, use a large font size (24 to 30 pt) on white, pale yellow or cream-colored non-glossy paper. Avoid use of non-standard fonts. Use 1-inch margins. Use upper and lower case letters.
- No audiovisual equipment is permitted for poster presentations.
In our effort to be a carbon neutral event and also to assist participants unable to attend because of funding problems, a schedule conflict, illness, etc., we will prepare a virtual panel to be shown during the event. The number of virtual panels and presenter slots is limited.
Virtual presenters that have completed the registration process will be included in the Schedule and Proceedings (ISSN 2188-6997). In addition, you will receive an electronic copy of the proceedings and a certificate of presentation.
Guidelines for virtual presenters are as follows,
- Select the ‘virtual presentation’ option on the submission application or contact the secretariat.
- After completing the registration process you will be contacted by our technical support staff with instructions for preparing your virtual presentation.
- Prepare a 10 minute presentation using the video instructions we send to you. Please note that PowerPoint with an audio track is not acceptable.
- Upload your presentation file to our ‘Drop Box’ (details will be provided upon confirmation of registration)
- To be included in the Schedule and Proceedings, your virtual presentation must be received no later than Monday, March 16, 2015.
- Please note that virtual panels are shown during the conference.
As indicated, virtual presenters are accorded the same inclusion rights in the schedule and proceedings as the other presenters. For further information regarding virtual presentation guidelines please contact the secretariat.
If you would like to organize your own panel of presenters, please contact the Secretariat. Please note the following guidelines for panel presentation proposals:
- Panel requests must be received at least two weeks before the submission deadline.
- The panel should designate the leader and primary contact for all communication.
- The panel should have at least 3 to 5 members (including the leader).
- The names of all the panel members must appear in the abstract proposal.
- Registration confirmation is required for all panel members.
The Proceedings of the presented abstracts and full papers will be published electronically as a volume and made available approximately two weeks after the conclusion of the conference:
- The lingua franca of the Proceedings is English.
- Only registrants with accepted oral, poster and virtual abstracts will be included.
- Abstract proposals and full paper undergo a separate peer review process.
- This is a carbon neutral event and the proceedings are published in electronic format only.
- The Proceedings have been indexed with the Japanese National Centre for ISSN.
- Full papers are welcome, but not required.
Full papers are welcome, but not required for participation or presentation in this conference. Please note the following policies for submitting a full paper:
- Papers must be less than 2500 words and sent in Word format (PDF is not accepted).
- Files have a 1.5 MB max size limitation. Files over 1.5 MB will not be accepted.
- Papers must follow the strict guidelines detailed in the Full Paper Template.
- Full papers undergo a peer review process.
- Acceptance of an abstract does not mean automatic acceptance of a full paper.
- Correct spelling, grammar and punctuation is the responsibility of the author.
- Plagiarized material is unacceptable and will be rejected.
- Papers submitted after the deadline will not be accepted.
- Click here to download the Full Paper Template: ACES 2015 Full Paper Template
The proceedings for this conference have been approved and assigned an International Standard Serial Number (ISSN) through the Japanese National Centre for ISSN under the auspices of the National Diet Library.
The National Diet Library, which acquires national serial publications exhaustively as the only national and deposit library in Japan, plays a role as the Japanese National Centre for ISSN.
- How do I submit a proposal?
All proposals must be submitted through our online system. We will not accept or consider proposals sent as email attachments.
- What is the review process?
All proposals undergo a double-blind peer review process.
- May I know the names of the reviewers or the comments?
No. As this is a double-blind peer review, the reviewer names and comments cannot and will not be disclosed.
- When will I know if my proposal has been accepted?
Depending on the volume of presentations, we will send you a decision within a week of receiving your submission.
- How many papers may I submit for consideration?
We permit a maximum of (2) papers per participant. Those submitting 3 or more papers will be deleted from the database.
- May I present (2) papers, if both are accepted?
Yes, however, additional fees may apply due to the limited number of time slots available.
- How much time is given for oral presentations?
A total of 30 minutes is allowed: 25 minutes for your presentation and 5 minutes for answering questions.
- How much time is given for poster presentations?
Normally, posters sessions are held during receptions or luncheons, so you will have 60 to 90 minutes for your presentation.
- How much time is given for virtual presentations?
Virtual presenters are arranged in panels and shown during the conference. Virtual presentations should not exceed 10 minutes.
- What equipment is provided for oral presenters?
Each presentation room is equipped with a PC notebook computer, projector, screen, laser-pointer and audio equipment.
- What equipment is provided for poster presenters?
Each poster receives an A0 size poster board, easel, pins and tape.
- Is technical support provided?
Yes. We have technical support staff available onsite.
- What if I am suddenly unable to attend after registering?
Contact the Secretariat immediately and we may offer you the option of switching to virtual presentation mode.
- If I am unable to present, may my colleague present on my behalf?
Only if your colleague is a co-presenter and listed on the original submission. If not, then this is not permissible.
- May I present research that has already been published or presented elsewhere?
- May I edit the presentation titles, affiliations and author names?
Yes. Please send your request to the Secretariat. Requests must be received prior to the schedule printing.
|ACES 2015||will be held||March 22-24, 2015|
|All Presenters||must register by
||Monday, March 9, 2015
|The Schedule & Agenda||will be announced by||Friday, March 13, 2015|
|Virtual Presentation Files
||must be received by
||Monday, March 16, 2015|
|Full Papers||must be received by||Monday, March 16, 2015|
||will be available after
||Monday, April 6, 2015|
The organizers cannot be held responsible for lost articles during the conference or tours. In addition, we advise that participants prepare or purchase travel insurance in case of accidental injury while attending the conference or participating on a tour.